June 10, 2022
Dear Family Members:
We want to provide you with an update on the situation at Whittier Hospital
Pediatric Subacute regarding visitation. The safety and wellbeing of our
residents is our top priority.
Beginning June 10, 2022
All in Person Visitation will be suspended until 6/18/22
The Following actions will be implemented until further notice:
- In-Person visitations will be re-assessed at the end of each week.
- Virtual Sessions will continue; please call the unit to schedule your session
if not already scheduled.
- We will make all possible accommodations for virtual session with your child.
- ALL Families will be updated regularly as soon as we are able to re-introduce
visitation we will do so.
We understand that this is a difficult decision but a necessary one to
ensure the safety of all of residents. Thank you for your support during
this very difficult year. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to
care for your child.
Reinali Zabalerio RN
Director of Pediatric Subacute
Pediatric Subacute Visitation Protocol (COVID-19)
- Visitors will be instructed by the staff on the visitation protocol.
- The number of visitors for outdoor visitation is 2-3 people and one (1)
person for indoor visitation.
- Minors under the age of 18 years old will not be permitted at this time.
- Visitors will be screened for fever and symptoms prior to entering the PSA Unit.
- Visitors will be required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
as instructed by staff.
- Visitors will be required to follow hand hygiene protocols.
- Social distancing will be enforced for all visitations with some exceptions.
- Visitation will be restricted when the county is in Tier (1) purple with
- Visitors will not be allowed to wander the unit or visit with other residents or staff.
- Visitation will be limited to 30 minutes to 1 hour or as tolerated by the resident.
- Visitors may be required to present a negative COVID-19 test with results
less than 2 days prior to the visit dependent upon the visitors and residents
vaccination status. (Depending on County Positivity Rate and Tier Status)
Pediatric Subacute Visitation Acknowledgement (COVID-19)
1. Have you had a fever of 100 degree F or higher? □ Yes □ No Temperature:________
2. Have you had a Sore Throat? □ Yes □ No
3. Have you had a Cough? □ Yes □ No
4. Have you had Nasal Congestion/Runny Nose? □ Yes □ No
5. Have you had shortness of breath? □ Yes □ No
6. Have you had chills/muscle aches? □ Yes □ No
7. Have you had headache? □ Yes □ No
8. Have you had a loss of taste or smell? □ Yes □ No
9. Have you had a possible exposure to a COVID-19 positive person □ Yes □ No
10. Have you recently travelled outside of the country? □ Yes □ No
11. Have you tested positive for COVID? □ Yes □ No If yes, when? ____________
12. Negative COVID Test confirmed? □ Yes □ No
I have received the Pediatric Subacute Visitation Screening and Protocol
Acknowledgment. I understand and will abide by the protocol set forth
above in an effort to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission on the unit.
Name: ________________________________Signature: ____________________________________