Before Your Surgery
A hospital admitting representative will contact you before your surgery
to ask for insurance information. Your insurance benefits will be verified
before your surgery and you will be notified of any deductible and/or
co-insurance needed at the time of your admission
We encourage all patients to preregister. Your surgeon will provide you
with the date and time for your preregistration, preoperative testing,
and preoperative instructions. To preregister online,
(Please allow 1-2 hours to complete)
- All laboratory and other tests ordered by your physician are to be completed
within72 hours of your scheduled surgery.
- Tests may include blood tests, EKG, X-Ray, or any other procedures your
- Always notify your physician if there are any changes in your physical
condition before your surgery, such as a cold, fever, or infection.
Preparing for Surgery
What to Bring
Click here for a checklist on what to bring to the hospital.
You must sign a consent form before your receive medical service. A parent
or legal guardian must sign the form for a minor or surrogate
Your physician will explain any conditions that may arise that could lead
to admission to the hospital for an overnight stay
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight on the night
before your surgery (unless your physician tells you it's okay).
- Confirm with your physician whether you need to take blood pressure and/or
cardiac medication the day of your surgery.
- Your surgery may be postponed if you do not follow the physician's orders.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Do not wear any face or eye makeup, and do not bring jewelry or other valuables
to the hospital.
- Bring eyeglasses, if necessary for reading.
- If you use a hearing aid, please bring it.
- If you wear dentures, you may be asked to remove them before surgery. They
will be returned to you when you leave the recovery room.
- Please bathe or shower the night before or the morning of your surgery
using a fresh bar or liquid antibacterial soap.