Patient and Advisory Council (PFAC)
The Patient and Family Advisory Council is dedicated to improving the healthcare
experience by giving the patient and family a voice to actively participate
in the provision of care, treatment, and services."
"We welcome families to participate in every aspect of the patient's
care and encourage them to communicate their needs and those of the patient."
Carol Reza, Chair of the Patient and Family Advisory Council.
Goals of the Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Promote a culturally sensitive and collaborative relationship between patient,
family, and healthcare team
- Be a connection for respectful and compassionate communication between
patients, families, and healthcare team
- Provide a mechanism for patients and families input into healthcare practices
- Channel information, needs, and concerns regarding patient and family-centered
care to healthcare team and hospital leaders
- Establish a multi-cultural and diverse generational membership to address
the patient/family population
- Actively recommend and implement change
- Provide an opportunity for healthcare team members to advocate for as well
as hear the voice of the patient and family member(s)
- Create a safe place where patients and families are comfortable to voice
concerns and provide input to their care
What Do Members of the PFAC Do?
- Advise the leadership, staff, and Medical Staff at Whittier Hospital Medical
Center of barriers to care, treatment, and service
- Provide suggestions and solutions to improve and humanize the care experience
at Whittier Hospital Medical Center
- Provide the perspective of patients and families to maximize excellence
throughout Whittier Hospital Medical Center
- Plan and enhance education and support services for patients and families
How to become a member of the PFAC
- Candidates need to have been former Whittier Hospital Medical Center patients
or caregivers. Applicants can also be Whittier Hospital employees and
- Attend meetings once per quarter
- Sign a PFAC statement of confidentiality
- The membership process begins with an application to the PFAC New Council
Member Recruitment Work Team
- Prospective candidates will be interviewed by the Council members of the
Recruitment Work Team
For more information, please call 562.907.1642 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.